Tooth loss is a serious problem that can affect your quality of life and also lead to complex dental issues on top of affecting the beauty of your smile. Fortunately, advancements in dentistry now make it easy to replace lost teeth with reliable, stable, and durable options.
Implant crowns are permanent replacements for missing teeth made from natural-looking materials like porcelain or ceramic. They restore the natural functionality of your smile and your confidence.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Crowns are dental restorations that are used to cover broken or damaged teeth. They fully cover the affected tooth and restore its structure and strength. For tooth loss, crowns can be attached to dental implants to fully replace the missing teeth. Crowns can be made from metal or ceramic or a combination of both.
When Do You Need a Dental Crown?
The main purpose of dental crowns is to restore broken teeth or completely replace missing teeth. Crowns are recommended:
- To patients who have undergone tooth extraction or have missing teeth
- After a root canal procedure
- For anchoring dental bridges
- For correcting cosmetic issues
What Are the Advantages of Dental Crowns?
- Crowns are a more conservative option for fixing broken teeth compared to tooth extraction.
- Crowns restore the smile as well as the damaged or missing tooth’s functions.
- Crowns are made from materials that mimic the natural enamel’s surface.
- Crowns are durable and reliable.
Porcelain crowns are tooth-colored crowns that naturally restore your smile.
- Restore broken or damaged teeth as well as missing teeth
- Fix a variety of cosmetic and functional issues, including discoloration
- Act as a support for dental bridges
- Are more durable and look more natural than other types of crowns
To schedule your appointment, call (925) 551-6464 or book online.